East Welcomes Coach Davis to The Herd

With East being a second year school and welcoming in so many new Freshmen, there were quite a few new teachers hired for the ’22-’23 staff, Coach Davis was one of these teachers. Coach Davis teaches environmental and forensic science, a newly offered course at East for students who wish to learn more about criminal science. Davis graduated from UNG in the year of 2013 with a degree in middle grades math and science. He previously taught at Gainesville High School, but decided to “Head East” because he wanted to start new traditions and adventures, and it excited him to be a part of something new.

Coach Davis is happily involved with many of the exciting extracurriculars and sports at the school. He coaches football, track, and partners with the environmental club. His favorite change from Gainesville to East is a new set of co-workers and that everybody is in the same building, whereas there were multiple buildings at Gainesville. One thing that makes East unique in Coach Davis’ eyes is that we are experiencing so many “firsts”, such as the first forensics class, the first senior class, and we are laying the foundation and expectations for many school years to follow. 

When asked what his best memory of the school year so far Coach Davis noted on his favorite aspects of investigation. “The crime scene lab, all the students really got into it and seemed to be very interested and had fun,” said Davis. He also noted student support at our football games. As the school year goes on Coach Davis is looking forward to what will come next, as he takes great pride in making lasting relationships with his students and players. 

Apart from the school aspect of things, Coach Davis has been married for 8 years to his wife that he’s known since Kindergarten. He has a son who is 7 years old and a daughter who is 4 years old, and they love to go to Disney World together. His favorite sports team is the Georgia Bulldogs, and his favorite movie is Avengers End Game. He loves Dairy Queens Choco Brownie Extreme Blizzard and his favorite restaurant is Senor Fiesta! 

East Forsyth proudly welcomes Coach Davis as a new teacher in our community and as one of his student’s I can say that he has made a strong impact in the classroom at East Forsyth. We are excited for the rest of Coach Davis’s first school year at East.